How are the interviews laid out?
Leaving the aptitude and other kinds of tests aside (psychometric?), generally speaking, an interview for software position will cover the following sections:
- Introduction - describe yourself (or "tell me about yourself")
- Problem solving skills - data structres, algorithms etc.
- Programming skills - write a program in the language of your choice
- Describe your project or product (in college or in your last job)
- What do you bring to the company (or why should we hire you)